Everyday life is the special occasion!

May 25, 2015

Culottes

The newest  closet must-have that quickly became a fashionable spring trend is the so-called culotte - a cropped pant that looks like a skirt from one angle and pants at another. The charismatic silhouette can be a bit overwhelming at first, so one of the basic requirements to wear them is to show some confidence - at least for me that still have mixed feelings about this trend. With a flattering hemline and versatile shape, paired with a heel they reveal to be great for work if you want to feel fresh and comfortable, but still look appropriate and  chic. Topping the statement piece with something super low-key  - a simple Tee,  a crop top, a loose buttondown, a large sweater, a chambray shirt  -  will make them especially easy to pull off, balancing it out. What do you think about culottes? are you going to tackle the trend at home?

6 comments:

  1. I used to have them many years ago, I am not sure if I buy them this season althouh I like to see it on the others:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well someone must have great legs to wear them ;)

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Aida! Id like to try an outfit too with them but first still have to get a pair, maybe in black or white, my fav!:) Amazing inspiration and street style looks! Hope your week is off to a good start, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. adoro, amo, deliro!!! ainda não comprei, mas não me escapam, vi umas na Zara que me ficaram atravessadas.
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Culottes are absolutely brilliant. I had many a pair in my younger days. Now I'm waiting for the trend to pass (if it ever does) so I can pick some up in the thrift shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally into this culottes trend! I've owned a few pairs already. It's so easy to wear and so comfortable =)

    ReplyDelete